Monday, January 22, 2007

Uphill & Downhill

So what happened the last couple of weeks? I can say a lot! I dabbled in to rock climbing in Sunnyvale, approximately 10 miles northern. At least 60 feet above ground I tried to climb up some quite hard walls. I mean I am pretty new to this kinda activity, so first of all I've got an introduction into knots, positions, verbal terms and some other stuff before I actually started. Don't get me wrong, I am not a sissy and even though you are secured by a rope being held by your buddy beneath but hanging up there more than 30 feet above ground and the feeling how your finger start getting numb 'til the uncomfortable feeling of involuntarily releasing your hands is quite a thrill. After barely 2 hours of climbing I couldn't feel my lower arm anymore but its so exhilarating. Anyway, if there's an up, there must also be a down. Since I bought my own snowboard equipment consisting of 1 board, 1 binding, 1 pair of shoes and 1 ski pents the only thing that was missing was the actual trip. So we went up to lake Tahoe again over the weekend in order spend two days at Sierra-at-Tahoe. This time we were a whole bunch of office people and a quite sad background since Soid, one of our co-worker left IBM as student to San Jose State. So me,Zeus, Henning, Christian and Soid were enjoying our last weekend together. We had a lot of fun and my snowboarding skills became quite advanced. After two days of bruises, crashes and some nice stunts I think I can call myself a snowboarder. I was going down some hills marked as "blue" where if you fall you don't stop sliding downhill until you reached the bottom. Sometimes it really scared the sh** out of me. I mean the elevation was sometimes around 60% I assume. Anyway, I liked that thrill of speed. The next trip is planned in barely 3 weeks and I must admit : I have a new favorite sport.

No comments: